Things we’ve done
We’ve been pretty busy these last three years. We’ve: written many letters to councils and initiated letter-writing campaigns, been interviewed by several newspapers and one podcaster, presented to various council meetings, presented at lunchtime speaker series, participated as invited panel speakers at housing strategy meeting in Victoria, contributed to BC Housing report prepared by BC Tiny House Collective, instrumental in having moveable tiny homes included in Central Saanich OCP amendment, instrumental in moveable tiny homes being incorporated into Victoria Housing Strategy, held two tiny house showcases. Below are
Tiny House Showcases
- Tiny House Showcase held August 2017 – over 200 attendees.
- Tiny House Showcase held May 2019 – over 400 attendees.
Central Saanich – various meetings and special events
Saanich – various meetings and special events
August 2018 Victoria Special Council meeting Making Moveable Tiny Houses Legal in Victoria https://pub-victoria.escribemeetings.com/Meeting.aspx?Id=01d75a84-7f5f-4294-9615-88864d0bd873&Agenda=Merged&lang=English#32 (scroll to D1)
News articles and Outreach
- September 2019 City of Victoria Lunchtime Lecture – Shaping a Big Future with Tiny Houses https://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/residents/events/events-list/educational-training/lunch-time-lecture-shaping-a-big-future-with-tiny-houses.html
- March 2019 Article in Oak Bay News https://www.vicnews.com/news/local-group-wants-tiny-homes/
- March 2019 Article in Vic News https://www.vicnews.com/news/victoria-one-step-closer-to-tiny-homes/
- December 2018 Article on tiny home initiative in Victoria https://www.bclocalnews.com/news/the-city-of-victoria-considers-a-500-rent-cap-for-tiny-homes/
- 2017 Article in Goldstream Gazette https://www.goldstreamgazette.com/business/tiny-homes-popular-but-not-yet-legal-in-most-of-greater-victoria/amp/
- Nov 2017 Article in Goldstream Gazette https://www.vicnews.com/news/local-group-wants-tiny-homes/